Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Dir: Tim Story (Fantastic Four, Taxi <2004>, Barbershop)
Cast: Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Laurence Fishburne, Doug Jones, Chris Evans, Michael Chiklis, Julian McMahon
USA/Germany, 2007

Seen: June 21, 2007 at Scotiabank Theatre

Reason to see: Needed some light summer fun movie-ness, and I tend to like movies based on comics. This counts as week 26/52 in my #7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. Half way there! Woot!

Although I was not a fan of the first film in this series, I found Rise of the Silver Surfer to be quite fun. It had more depth than the first and a more interesting story, as well as the Silver Surfer which has always been and still is a cool character. I had to remind myself that unlike other teams in the comic world, The Fantastic Four are pretty much 'nice & clean' characters. They verge on being pretty geeky, when you think about it and that is okay too. Once I settled into that idea I started to enjoy the movie more. It's a little corny and a little predictable, but hey ... it's a summer movie. Better to know that going in, no?

Shannon's Overall View:
It was an enjoyable fun movie
I'd watch it again
I recommend it as a fun, light action film

15 minutes preshow included 6 commercials and 5 previews (Transformers, Rush Hour 3, Underdog, The Simpsons Movie, Live Free or Die Hard)

More Film Reviews here

Return to Film Fan Fridays

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

I really didn't like the first movie because a lot of it didn't make sense but I can handle corny geeky humour so maybe I'll actually like this one! Thanks for the headsup Shannon.